In this article we will discuss about how to remove the layer of dull paint on the wall. Maybe there are so many colors that have faded old paint lining the walls in your current residence so you want to remove and replace it with a paint layer with a new color.
If we do not know about how to remove layers of paint colors that have been long and dull, it can be a problem for us. So if you really want to replace the dull color of paint on your walls with a new color, the first thing you should know is the technique about how to remove the layer of dull paint on the wall.
Here are some tips about how to remove the layer of dull paint on the wall:
- Before removing layers of paint on your walls, you must protect all parts of floor and wall surfaces that will not remove paint. You can protect these objects using the newspaper as well as insulation.
- Next, you should protect yourself with adequate equipment. You can wear safety goggles and thick rubber gloves, and you should open all windows and doors in the room that you want to remove the walls to paint with all the windows and doors are open, the room would have pretty good air ventilation.
- Pour paint remover to remove the paint into a container or glass bowl.
- Use a brush to coat with a standard size paint remover directly on the surface paint on the wall. Let’s paint remover and then use the brush a few moments to flatten the layers of paint remover to the surface of the wall evenly.
- Allow the liquid paint remover to react in advance by reference to the length of time stated on the packaging of liquid chemical paint remover. The longer the time given to make the chemicals react with the maximum so that will allow you to remove layers of paint is dull.
- Next, you can remove the layer of dull paint on the wall using a plastic spatula.
Although the technique to remove the layer of dull paint on the wall above is done manually without using chemicals, but with the help of a paint remover would be enough to save your time and energy to remove the layer of dull paint on the wall on your home.Tags: dull paint, how to, layer of dull paint, paint, remove dull paint, wall